This Disability Services Plan has been prepared by the Pilbara Regional Council to ensure that people with disabilities are included and can access and use facilities, services and functions provided by the PRC. This plan is to be reviewed biennially, at which time it may be amended and extended as new strategies are identified and priorities change.
For the purposes of this Plan, the World Health Organisation’s definition of disability is utilised to define disability:
“Disability is a loss or reduction of functional ability which results from an impairment. An impairment is defined as an anatomical or functional abnormality or loss which may or may not result in a disability.”
The Plan includes:
- Principles applicable to people with disabilities;
- A disability anti discrimination statement;
- Functions, facilities and services provided by the PRC;
- A statement of Outcomes relevant to this Plan; and
- Strategies to improve access and inclusion in the PRC
Below is the Pilbara Regional Councils Disability Services Plan adopted at our November 2010 Council Meeting.